Sunday, October 28, 2012

Laptop Laments and Hurricane Nonsense

So, last night I was lying on my bed with my laptop, and it slipped off and fell to the floor.  Since then I haven't been able to get it to turn on and boot up properly.  I intend to take it down to the Technology Services tomorrow morning so that they can look at it/fix it.  So I am praying that IC won't shut down campus tomorrow - thereby shutting down Technology Services - because of all this hurricane nonsense.  The most that's going to happen on Monday is rain.  Whoop-de-do.  Our campus is not going to flood because we live on a giant hill.  And all the rain is just going to run down into the giant puddle we call Cayuga Lake - no harm done.  Tuesday and Wednesday is going to bring us 30-40 mph winds.  Doesn't sound like fun, but all that's going to happen is that you'll get really winded (pun intended) if you have to walk up the stairs into the wind or that your umbrella blows out of your hand.  How horrendous.  It's not the like wind is going to blow our buildings over, or that the rain is going to drown us all - so why even bother getting all hyped up about this? 
As you can tell, I am not happy about the possibilty of cancelling classes and shutting down campus.  It's absurd, and it interferes with the healing of a piece of technology that is pretty much an extension of my body. 
So, back to the point.
My laptop is going to be out-of-comission until further notice, which means that I won't be able to check my email any time I so please, so if there is some sort of earth-shattering emergency, you should contact me via my cell phone.  If it's less important, like a social message, email it to me.  I will be in the library more often now because I need computer access to be able to do my work, so I will check email at least once a day.
May you not get blown over or drowned over these next couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment