Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Honestly, my midterm grades

I'm not super thrilled, or really thrilled at all with these.  They're not bad, but they're not really good either.  I'm feeling mediocre right now.

Intro to Drama: B
Creativity and the Arts seminar: B
Sinfonietta (orchestra): A-
Intro to Developmental Pysch: A
Hebrew Scriptures: B+
Academic Writing: B+

Perhaps it's ridiculously arrogant and presumptuous of me to be a little let-down (but it's more likely the general depressed mood that's been hanging over me since I got bogged down with work).  But it's entirely my fault for procrastinating on this work in the first place.  I'm also in the midst of being all anxious over my future and stuff like that - which will be getting its own post eventually.

I put these up here so that my family (namely, my parents) can see how I've been doing, because I feel like I owe them that knowledge.  It's not like I really have anything to hide here anyways - I'm passing everything.

Interestingly enough, the class in which my professor gives these wicked tests/exams is the class in whichI have the best grade.  I am forced to do really efficient studying because I'm afraid of her tests. 

I think that there is also something to be said for the particular way in which my memory works.  What I am best at is being able to remember little details, and the gist of theories and whatnot - which is also why I feel I do well at history courses.  I understand broad concepts and can remember things that other people that would call 'nit-picking'.

That's about all I've got.

Just kidding.  I've got a confession of how much of a loser I am - the reason my Creativity and the Arts isn't an 'A' is because I forgot to go to one of these 'mandatory' events, and as a consequence, my grade was dropped a whole letter.  I figured out what I had done about four hours after the event started, I was going to send an email to that professor, but then I figured that it wouldn't make any difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment