Tuesday, April 30, 2013

An Eclectic Collection of MY Poetry

Steal upon pain of death!
haha, guillotine bowling!

Anyways, this is a collection of poems (some of which are old and some of which were written for my Intro to Creative Writing class) that I'm going to be sharing with the aforementioned class on Wednesday for a peer-review. 

For readers of a sensitive disposition (aka - my family - my entire readership) there is a naughty word at the end of "Ode to the Fairytale Princess"  and one less naughty word at the end of "You" Other than that, it's perfectly fine.  Happy reading!



Prose Poem

 

Cold coffee is a graveyard.  It makes my stomach sick – churn like an ocean.  My mug is a little urn with the ashy remains of cheap dining hall brew.  I can feel particulates on my tongue, sliding, tumbling down the tube into my body.  Neither warm nor cold, it is that awful temperature in between.  From yesterday—it is stale.  Around the edges, the meniscus, the brew turns green.  The tumbler is silver and fades to copper; it’s rusting from the inside out. 

 

 

You,

 

How do I convey my scream from me to you?

To scream aloud I suppose would do

To get this thing from me to you.

I do, I do.

The words belong to you.

I thought you knew

What you would have to do,

You swore to see it through.

You went back on your word, The Word, the “I love you”.

You liar, yes you, oh you,

I wish you’d dealt me a through-and-through,

Carved out my eyes of blue

So I didn’t have to see her and you;

A year long memento of what I couldn’t do.

I hope she breaks your heart, yes I do,

So you will see that I, that I was true.

You damn liar you.

 

 

 

 

 

Peanut butter and jelly—

My roommate is smelly.

I used to think

That the awful stink

            Was from her boyfriend.

            She said he smelled like peanut butter,

But really, it smelled like feet—

What kind of peanut butter do you eat?

 

Now, the boy is no longer here

And the air still hasn’t cleared,

So I’ve done some logical reasoning;

It is my roommate with the unconventional seasoning.

 

 

 

 
Ode to the Fairytale Princess

 

Spin and twirl and silver

Goes the virgin’s gown.

This is your magic night.

 

Don’t listen to the world,

They’re not screaming,

There is no death, no hurt.

 

Keep your eyes closed,

Princess,

We want you stupid.

 

Don’t ever learn, because only

Your Prince can make you happy.

You are not your own.

 

It’s a rape, your Blindness.

Glossy eyes and a pretty face,

But no soul.

 

So swirl and twirl and dance away

Your life.  Nothing else is out there,

The world is this ballroom.

 

Didn’t you know,

Kind-and-gentle-heart,

A man is either handsome or evil?

 

Happily ever after ends with

Scribbles on your headstone.

No one knows your name.

 

You should have lived,

You stupid girl.

You blind little whore.

 
 
 

 

The Necromancer

Knocking bones answer the call

The green-black spells,

Of ancient words read from moldy pages

In the elder tongue,

The primal speak,

The fears woven into man’s soul.

He trucks with devils

That roam the hearts and lands.

Flesh and sinew remade out of smoke and ash—

His bloody children,

He makes life from the clay.

Through the dank night air

The conjuror searches

For a fresh new stone

With pasty, fleshy bones,

For eyes to see behind him,

And bones to walk beside him.

Through bog and peat and moor,

This crow snatches at the secrets to life.

Sliming eyes peel open at the touch of a hand,

The will of a mind.

The white and clicking children

Walk through the fields at night,

Peering with eyeless sockets at the fireside,

Running down travelers on the roads,

And sheep in the hills.

Flesh and blood,

At work over a corpse;

Stitching and switching,

Summon the dead.

Arise from what is beyond

The misted river.

He lifts the veil

To peer with living eyes

Into the world of the dead.

 

 

 

 Poem

 
Happy


Flubber


Pub


Tree
 

Bumblebee

No comments:

Post a Comment